Nurocor is building a suite of tools and services to aid the bio pharma industry in the creation, adoption and management of clinical data standards with the ultimate goal of accelerating the pharmaceutical drug research and approval process.
Our tech stack
- Data stores: Elasticsearch and OracleDB
- APIs: Java and NodeJS (using Koa)
- Web clients: Vue and ExtJS (separate applications)
- Testing: Jest, Cypress, Postman
- Other: Docker, Jenkins, Slack and the Atlassian product suite
Reporting to the Director of Technology, you will part of the team responsible for envisioning and executing on how people interact with and experience our products. You will collaborate closely with members of the product and engineering teams, in addition to marketing and executive leadership throughout the design process.
Skillset and requirements
Most important to us is attitude and a team-oriented approach. Everyone at Nurocor shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. Our product team is excellent, and we hire those with passion for driving success as a team and delivering world-class products. The ideal candidate is someone who embraces ambiguity, strives to understand the problem before jumping to answers, is solution oriented, and thrives in a constantly changing environment.
The ideal new team member will have many of the following:
- We are a remote company, so the ability to self-manage and work independent along with excellent verbal and written communication skills is extremely important
- Deep understanding of frontend architecture, experience building data-driven applications and SPAs
- Extensive hands-on experience using component-based frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue or Polymer (Vue is preferred)
- Experience writing automated tests (both unit and e2e tests)
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Highly independent, motivated and able to support multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies and their real-world applications
- Obsessive attention to detail and “get it done” attitude
- Willingness to travel at least twice a year for in-person team meetings
Extra points for any of the following:
- Familiar with GraphQL, PWAs or Docker
- Experience creating reusable components
- Past experience (or nightmares) with ExtJS
- Comfortable interacting with external customers, translating their requests in to requirements and features
- Experience with continuous delivery and agile practices (scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
Nurocor is a rapidly-growing startup running in stealth mode with key offices in Rochester, MN; Austin, TX and Los Angeles, CA. Nurocor aggregates clinical standards data and makes it accessible to a variety of users in Bio Pharma organizations. We believe we can automate and impact the drug approval process through better standards adoption and governance. We have a powerful Meta Data Repository as the core of our solution which allows organizations to deploy and manage clinical standards and key processes of their drug studies.
Organizations that are using Nurocor’s products are able to:
- Develop better products by allowing everyone within the organization to find and contribute to data standards
- Better align team members to utilize a common standards base with flexibility to expand for different drug trials
- Improve reporting to regulatory bodies and internal groups
By joining our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The opportunity to be on a team where your work is critical to the success of the company and our customers
- A fun and engaging team-based environment where we enjoy working hard and learning everyday
- Competitive pay for a young and growing company
- Stock options
- Employee Friendly Paid Time-off Policy
- Medical, dental & vision insurance w/ healthy company contributions
- Basic life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Nurocor is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply send resume to [email protected]