Authorized to work in U.S. without current/future visa sponsorship.
Nurocor is seeking candidates for a UI Software Development Engineer position. The primary responsibility of this position is to collaborate with other Nurocor development team members in developing and maintaining Nurocor Clinical Platform (NCP) UI components. NCP’s architecture is microservice-based and leverages leading edge languages, components, and development techniques. The position is full-time and remote, with daily collaboration through Microsoft Teams and the Atlassian product suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence).
- Designing and implementing new component features within a scrum-based agile development approach, including automated unit testing and continuous integration strategies.
- Resolving component defects as reported by development team members, QA, and customers.
- Participating in code peer reviews as part of the development process.
- Collaborating with DevOps, QA, Support, and Professional Services peers as needed to ensure quality development, deployment, and delivery of NCP components.
- Data stores: ArangoDB, Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL.
- APIs: mix of GraphQL and REST, written in Java and Node.js.
- Web clients: Vue, using NuxtJS.
- Testing: Jest, Cypress.
- Other: Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes and the Atlassian product suite.
- Knowledge of API design: GraphQL, service-oriented architecture, microservices, and the pros and cons of each.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to rapidly adjust plans to changing business needs.
- Detail-oriented independent worker with ability to:
- Analyze complex requirements.
- Collaboratively specify design.
- Implement approaches to meet those requirements.
- Implement well-structured code.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a software development position.