Nurocor is seeking candidates for a Senior QA Automation Lead position. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the QA Manager to refine and implement a test automation strategy at Nurocor, including mentoring and training other QA engineers, providing practical guidance, and establishing best practices for automated test case development.
The position is full-time and remote, with daily collaboration through Microsoft Teams and the Atlassian product suite (Jira, GitLab, Confluence).
- Provide input into the automation processes and strategy used at Nurocor, including collaborating with the development team, researching tools, and configuring test suites to run within a CI pipeline.
- Build out automated regression test suites where new tests are needed and where there are gaps in product coverage.
- Update and maintain existing automation scripts, providing team guidance on when and what to automate, including automation for new product features.
- Estimate automation work, working closely with the QA Manager to plan, schedule, and approve team tasks.
- Employ metrics for monitoring automation results and progress.
- Mentor and train QA engineers regarding automation techniques and best practices.
- Perform code reviews for automated test scripts to confirm accuracy of planned implementations and alignment with coding best practices.
- Approve manual test cases to confirm alignment with best practices and to assure full test coverage for product requirements.
- When needed, develop manual test cases for new product features and bug fix validation as part of the product release cycle.
- Assist with managing test environments including configuration and creation of relevant test datasets.
- Regularly triage automation results, analyzing failures to determine root causes of errors and working with the development team to prioritize and resolve issues.
- Document product issues discovered during the QA process and validate correct product operation after the necessary code fixes are made.
- Recommend product enhancements and usability improvements with the goal of improving the user experience.
- Participate in reviews of feature acceptance criteria and UX design to provide timely QA input and oversight.
- Participate in process improvement discussions; When needed, recommend process improvements to improve QA team and cross-team efficiency.
- Experience leading the implementation of test automation strategies for new and existing software products; Automation experience within a microservices architecture is a plus.
- Experience defining the scope of manual and automated testing within the context of sprints/release deliverables.
- Experience using Playwright, Cypress, or other UI testing tools.
- Experience with GitLab CI Pipelines.
- Ability to understand complex systems and dependencies within a microservices architecture.
- Ability to understand software capabilities from the customer point of view.
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing.
- Detail-oriented with an analytical mindset; able to effectively document both high-level scenarios and fine-grained testing requirements.
- Flexibility to rapidly adjust plans to changing business needs.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Experience with regulatory requirements, and with process improvements is a plus.
- A team player with strong collaboration skills within and across teams.
- Independent worker with ability and desire to quickly learn product capabilities and to formulate test strategies and plans that effectively validate product requirements.
- Familiarity with API development/testing using Postman, SoapUI or other API test tools.
Education / Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or a master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience with automated QA testing; a minimum of 2 years of experience leading a test automation team.
|Job Category||QA Automation Lead Engineer|