We are looking for an IT Systems Administrator to assure smooth and efficient operation of application systems and core infrastructure. The position serves as a resource in supporting the Nurocor information technology platform and is required to interact with personnel at all levels in a team environment. This role is responsible for the provision of professional system administration services, including efficient use of software/hardware and troubleshooting system/storage/network problems.
Nurocor is building a suite of tools and services to aid the bio pharma industry in the creation, adoption and management of clinical data standards with the ultimate goal of accelerating the pharmaceutical drug research and approval process.
- Responsible for the design and development of IT systems. Develops design and functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in the post-implementation support and system enhancements.
- Deploys the release of new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of Linux/server operating systems, related utilities, and hardware. Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products. Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth, installs new servers and maintains the server infrastructure.
- Configuring virtual networks.
- Development of tools and processes for managing services running on Linux servers.
- Participate in the development and testing of internal tools, scripts, and other similar coding projects.
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete solutions based on best practices and proven technologies.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Monitor reporting/alarming tools, key performance indicators, look for issues, errors, inconsistencies, anomalies, etc. to ensure nominal system health
- Responsible for designing, building and supporting a secure cloud platform and Linux based instances based on industry standards, best practices, and guidelines
- Providing professional support services and/or the integration of their respective products.
- Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
- Must be able to compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
- Designs, develops and maintains Linux based instances and backend applications.
- Deploy and maintain web application technologies and middleware solutions on Linux platform.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experienced with troubleshooting and working with administrator and service accounts
- Creates/updates and Maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Development and implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies. Configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, Python, and shell scripting.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems and related products.
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general system management best practices.
Nurocor is a rapidly-growing startup running in stealth mode with key offices in Rochester, MN; Austin, TX and Los Angeles, CA. Nurocor aggregates clinical standards data and makes it accessible to a variety of users in Bio Pharma organizations. We believe we can automate and impact the drug approval process through better standards adoption and governance. We have a powerful Meta Data Repository as the core of our solution which allows organizations to deploy and manage clinical standards and key processes of their drug studies.
Organizations that are using Nurocor’s products are able to:
- Develop better products by allowing everyone within the organization to find and contribute to data standards
- Better align team members to utilize a common standards base with flexibility to expand for different drug trials
- Improve reporting to regulatory bodies and internal groups
By joining our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The opportunity to be on a team where your work is critical to the success of the company and our customers
- A fun and engaging team-based environment where we enjoy working hard and learning everyday
- Competitive pay for a young and growing company
- Stock options
- Employee Friendly Paid Time-off Policy
- Medical, dental & vision insurance w/ healthy company contributions
- Basic life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Nurocor is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply send resume to [email protected]