This role is responsible for system administration services, including efficient use of software/hardware and troubleshooting system/storage/network problems. The Nurocor Clinical Platform (NCP) is a modern microservice-based architecture combining both Java and Node.js components deployed and managed within a Kubernetes/Docker-based runtime environment. Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework as well as Kubernetes/Rancher is required.
- Deploy the release of new product components and supporting technologies; installing, configuring, maintaining and performing system integration testing of Linux/server operating systems, related utilities, and hardware. Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users.
- Configure virtual networks.
- Configure and manage Kubernetes-based product deployments.
- Develop tools (including script development) and processes for managing services running on Linux servers.
- Maintain systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Monitor reporting/alarming tools and acting upon resulting notifications to ensure system health.
- Develop and maintain Linux based instances supporting web applications, middleware and backend applications.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience – salary commensurate with experience.
- Knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, Python, and shell scripting.
- Experience troubleshooting systems via administrator and service accounts
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Knowledge of and experience with implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies, including configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with customers and team members
- Required technologies:
- Atlassian tool suite: Service Desk, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Familiarity with Jenkins and Bitbucket in support of manual and automated deployment activities
- Kubernetes/Docker-based deployments, including use of Rancher to configure and manage such deployments
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities
- Good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Desired technologies:
- Specific AWS services:
- Specific AWS services: